One of the most popular questions I get is “Is Memory Maker worth it?” Keep reading to hear my thoughts on Memory Maker.
First, what is Memory Maker? Read all about it HERE.
Now some families, without question find that YES! Memory Maker is worth it for every single trip and they couldn’t imagine not having this service as part of their Walt Disney World vacation.
However, if you are on the fence about purchasing Memory Maker, this might help you decide:
Yes, buy it:
- If this is your first trip or another milestone/celebration trip, I think it’s a wonderful add-on to capture some memories you will never forget.
- If you are doing several character meals that include a digital photograph, it can be worth it to capture that special memory.
- If this is the first time your children will be riding thrill rides (Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Tower of Terror, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest, Dinosaur, Test Track – and Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin also has a picture), capturing those looks of glee (or horror?!) can be great!
- If someone in your traveling party is doing a special
event, like the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Pirates League or Jedi Training Academy at Hollywood Studios, the PhotoPass Photographers are especially great at capturing these moments and it allows you to just ENJOY the magic of Disney washing over your child.
- If you are doing a lot of character meet & greets, Memory Maker is a definite plus. The photographers can, and will, take a picture with your camera, but they tend to take more if you have purchased Memory Maker.
- If you are doing a special event, like Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, or Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, or Star Wars Weekends, Memory Maker will be nice to have to capture your family in the middle of the special atmosphere or with unique characters, or characters in costume.
- If you are traveling with a group, you can all share ONE Memory Maker, making the price very low per person/per family. Just be sure you are all “Friends & Family” (linked) in your MyDisneyExperience accounts so the pictures can be scanned onto anyone’s Magic Band.
No, don’t buy it:
- Are you still on the fence, even after reading all the reasons above why you SHOULD buy it?
- Would you rather spend $149 on something else you find more value in?
- If you go to Walt Disney World a lot, it might not be something you feel you need.
- If you already have a great camera and aren’t shy (or nervous) about asking people to take a picture of your entire family with your camera.
- If you are only spending a day or two at Walt Disney World it might not be worth the cost.
Share your thoughts on my Facebook page: Do you purchase Memory Maker for your Walt Disney World vacations?