Before you leave home for your Disney Cruise, be sure to download the free smartphone app “Disney Cruise Line Navigator”. This is the official app from Disney Cruise Line and available for use onboard all the ships.
The app brings the daily Navigator (cruise “newspaper” with all the scheduled events for the next day) right to your fingertips!Here are some the features you will find:
- scheduled activities that you can “favorite” to a quick-access list
- character meet times and locations
- entertainment times and locations
- dining room menus
- deck plans
- information about the ports you will visit
- message fellow cruise guests though the “Onboard Chat” feature (must have their unique ID number – works much like the Facebook Messenger app)
How does it work?
Once onboard connect to the ship’s wi-fi, then place your phone in Airplane Mode (but keep wi-fi on) so you aren’t charged fees for incoming calls or texts. Using the app is completely free. If you use the wi-fi for other activities (checking email, social media, etc) there will be a charge. You can purchase an internet package right on your computer or mobile device, if desired.